Boulder, broken truck cause Schuylkill backup
GLADWYNE, Pa. - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- One lane of the Schuylkill Expressway was blocked on Thursday morning so workers could remove a large boulder from a broken-down truck.
It was around 8:00 a.m. when a passerby called police to report a broken-down flatbed truck on the shoulder of I-76 in Gladwyne, just east of the Conshohocken Curve.
Police arrived to find the flatbed trailer had buckled under the weight of the large rock.
PennDOT was then called to bring in a crane to move the boulder.
Chopper 6 HD was overhead as workers lifted the boulder, moved the broken trailer out and moved a new trailer underneath. The boulder was replaced and was sent on its way.
There were no reported injuries.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, schuylkill expressway, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 33 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 39 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
29 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
40 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
33 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
38 min ago