2 rescued from sinking boat in Del. River
TORRESDALE - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Marine Police along with the US Coast Guard rescued two people from a boat on the verge of sinking in the Delaware River.
It happened around 7:30 Friday evening just off of Linden Avenue in the Torresdale section of Philadelphia.
Officials say the boat was taking on water and rescue crews were able to bring it to port without incident.
Two passengers were on board at the time but were uninjured.
No word what sparked the incident.
water rescue, philadelphia, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 34 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 7 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 19 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 7 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
34 min ago