Pa. teen has perfect attendance for 13 years
KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) - June 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia teenager has earned a gold star for perfect school attendance - for 13 years.
Newly minted Unionville High School graduate Brian Boyle didn't miss a day in his entire student career.
Unionville-Chadds Ford Superintendent John Sanville honored Boyle with a gold star trophy earlier this week.
Sanville joked that he's only been in the district for five years and doesn't have perfect attendance.
Boyle attributes his impeccable record in part to taking vitamins and trying not to get sick.
It's not clear if Boyle will try to extend his streak at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington, where he's headed this fall to study business.
school, teens, college, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 24 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 5 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 7 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos