Woman, child severely burned in Kensington
KENSINGTON - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman and a child suffered severe burns in a fire in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
The fire was reported around 8:00 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Indiana Avenue.
The woman, in her 30s and a 6-year-old child were rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital.
The woman had burns to her hands, while the child 3rd-degree had burns to his face, arms, chest and back with 2nd-degree burns to his legs.
Both victims were reported to be in stable condition.
There was no immediate word on how this fire started. Firefighters told Action News the fire was quickly placed under control.
The fire marshal's office is now investigating this blaze.
philadelphia, kensington, fire, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 40 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 28 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
28 min ago