Police: Pa. mom injected teen daughter with heroin
BEAVER SPRINGS, Pa. - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northeastern Pennsylvania woman faces child endangerment charges for allegedly getting her teenage daughter hooked on heroin.
Investigators say Brandi Baumgardner began smoking marijuana with her daughter when she was 12 years old. The girl told authorities she began using harder drugs later, beginning her heroin habit at 14.
Baumgardner allegedly injected her daughter with drugs when she was too sick to do it herself. The girl is currently in a residential treatment center.
The Sunbury Daily Item reports the teen's interviews with police also led to charges against a man she said traded her drugs for sex.
A preliminary hearing for Baumgardner is scheduled for June 21. Her attorney could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.
Information from: The Daily Item
pennsylvania, drugs, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 16 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch