Pa. teen faces adult court in newborn death
GREENWICH TWP., Pa. - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A judge says a Pennsylvania teen should be tried as an adult in the drowning death of her newborn baby.
WFMZ-TV reports Berks County Judge Scott Lash on Friday denied a request for 16-year-old Angela Lightcap to have her case heard in juvenile court.
Investigators say Lightcap, of Greenwich Township, gave birth in a bathtub and hid her son's body in a trash can on Jan. 9.
Police say Lightcap claimed she found the baby wasn't breathing. A coroner found the baby drowned.
Lightcap is being held without bail on charges of criminal homicide and concealing the death of a child.
A phone message for Lightcap's public defender was not immediately returned Friday.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, homicide, baby death, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 44 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 8 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
8 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos