Pa. teen faces adult court in newborn death
GREENWICH TWP., Pa. - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A judge says a Pennsylvania teen should be tried as an adult in the drowning death of her newborn baby.
WFMZ-TV reports Berks County Judge Scott Lash on Friday denied a request for 16-year-old Angela Lightcap to have her case heard in juvenile court.
Investigators say Lightcap, of Greenwich Township, gave birth in a bathtub and hid her son's body in a trash can on Jan. 9.
Police say Lightcap claimed she found the baby wasn't breathing. A coroner found the baby drowned.
Lightcap is being held without bail on charges of criminal homicide and concealing the death of a child.
A phone message for Lightcap's public defender was not immediately returned Friday.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, homicide, baby death, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness