3 Delco police officers injured after police chase
YEADON, Pa. - June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware County authorities are investigating a police pursuit that injured three officers Friday night.
It happened around 7:30pm on MacDade Boulevard near Rundale Avenue in Delaware County.
Officials say the police were chasing a motorcyclist eastbound on MacDade Boulevard. The cyclist lost control and slammed into a Yeadon Police cruiser.
The Yeadon Police officer was taken to Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital with minor injuries. The motorcyclist was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Two other officers from neighboring departments were injured when one cruiser rear-ended the other at the accident scene. Both were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
accident, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 14 min ago
- Shower In Spots 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 16 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 1 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
16 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point...
1 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
14 min ago
- Shower In Spots
12 min ago