90-year-old woman injured in Phila. police-involved crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- An accident in Northeast Philadelphia involving a police officer sent an elderly woman to the hospital.
It happened around 1:30 Saturday afternoon at the intersection of Oxford and Longshore avenues.
Police say the 2nd district officer was responding to a report of loud music, when the 90-year-old woman's vehicle ran a red light and struck the police cruiser.
The elderly driver was taken to Jeanes Hospital for neck pain. The officer was taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Heavy damage was also reported to both vehicles.
All intersections were shutdown in the area and traffic was being diverted as authorities investigated.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, philadelphia police, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos