Chester Police officer injured in suspect chase
CHESTER, Pa. - June 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wild police chase through the city of Chester ended with a serious crash involving at least one squad car.
Action News has learned that the high speed chase through the streets of Chester caused several crashes and a number of injuries, including two Pennsylvania State Constables, an innocent driver and the suspect.
The chased ended in an alleyway behind some homes at West 21st and Crozer Streets shortly after 2:00pm.
It is still not known why the suspect was running from police, but he crashed his car into a tree before being captured. He was transported to the hospital where his condition is currently unknown.
During the chase, two state constables were assisting police when their cars were hit. They suffered minor injuries.
It appears there was a chain reaction of crashes, and some of the drivers on the roadway could not escape the dangerous pursuit.
One woman's SUV was badly damaged, and she was also transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center for her injuries.
Police were on the scene for several hours investigating.
police chase, chester, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state, kenneth moton
- Police officers narrowly escape bullets in North Philly 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
12 min ago