Children's learning academy opens Monday in Chestnut Hill
PHILADELPHIA - June 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- The littlest learners, with the help of mom and dad, toured the brand new Children of America Educational Academy in Chestnut Hill Saturday.
The grand opening of the childcare center and school, which runs up through 5th grade, drew amazement; even from those who are familiar with the national childcare chain.
"I think the kids when they come down here are just going to be in such awe," said Desiree Piselli.
Kids can play on the turf indoor playground and have a ball upstairs in a second playroom where using your imagination is encouraged.
"It's hard to think about them being with a whole bunch of other kids," said Linda Quinlan. "You worry about them not having individual care."
Interested Parents brought the questions.
"I'm a little interested to see how people will drop their kids off. There's not a lot of parking," said Laura Hoover.
The kids packed the play and the school passed the toddler test.
And if you're a parent who is not used to parting ways with your child, you can sign up for live Internet access. Surveillance cameras in the classroom make it easy for you to log on and see what your little one is up to.
"Our philosophy is that children can do and be anything," said Kylee Kline.
Curriculum development specialist Kylee Kline says the center pushes students to explore hands-on learning beginning in the infant classroom.
"We work on their language skills and communication skills and motor skills," said Kline.
Healthy eating is also a key component to this innovative learning environment. Meals are included in the cost, but tuition varies. Each family can tailor an educational plan to fit their wallet.
"We don't want cost to be the issue," said Kline. "If you want a child to have the best, we do, as well."
The Academy is officially open for business bright and early Monday morning.
children, education, school, philadelphia, local/state, jennifer joyce
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 24 min ago
- Damp and cooler.
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized