Children's learning academy opens Monday in Chestnut Hill
PHILADELPHIA - June 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- The littlest learners, with the help of mom and dad, toured the brand new Children of America Educational Academy in Chestnut Hill Saturday.
The grand opening of the childcare center and school, which runs up through 5th grade, drew amazement; even from those who are familiar with the national childcare chain.
"I think the kids when they come down here are just going to be in such awe," said Desiree Piselli.
Kids can play on the turf indoor playground and have a ball upstairs in a second playroom where using your imagination is encouraged.
"It's hard to think about them being with a whole bunch of other kids," said Linda Quinlan. "You worry about them not having individual care."
Interested Parents brought the questions.
"I'm a little interested to see how people will drop their kids off. There's not a lot of parking," said Laura Hoover.
The kids packed the play and the school passed the toddler test.
And if you're a parent who is not used to parting ways with your child, you can sign up for live Internet access. Surveillance cameras in the classroom make it easy for you to log on and see what your little one is up to.
"Our philosophy is that children can do and be anything," said Kylee Kline.
Curriculum development specialist Kylee Kline says the center pushes students to explore hands-on learning beginning in the infant classroom.
"We work on their language skills and communication skills and motor skills," said Kline.
Healthy eating is also a key component to this innovative learning environment. Meals are included in the cost, but tuition varies. Each family can tailor an educational plan to fit their wallet.
"We don't want cost to be the issue," said Kline. "If you want a child to have the best, we do, as well."
The Academy is officially open for business bright and early Monday morning.
children, education, school, philadelphia, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 22 min ago
- Milder Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 22 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 4 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 22 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up 20 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
22 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
22 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
22 min ago
- Milder Monday
9 min ago