Man dies after shooting, crash in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - June 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man who was shot and then tried to flee the scene in his car has died of injuries.
Police say 26-year-old Wilfredo Diaz was shot about 7:00 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of South 6th and Line streets in Camden.
Responding officers found him in a blue Toyota Avalon not far from the scene of the shooting, near South 7th and Washington streets.
Police say it appears the injured Diaz got into his vehicle after being shot and attempted to flee from the scene but crashed.
Diaz was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment where he died about 4:30 p.m.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator Lance Saunders at (856) 225-8500 or Camden Police Detective Terrell Watkins at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey, camden, accident, shooting, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 11 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 10 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 2 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
11 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
10 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
46 min ago