$20,000 Dunkin Donuts heist caught on video
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a man made off with tens of thousands of dollars after a robbery at a Dunkin Donuts shop.
The robbery happened at 4:30 a.m. Friday at the store located at 6201 Front Street.
The suspect was caught on camera forcing open the drive through window. Once inside, he opened the front office door and stole a safe with $20,000 inside.
RELATED: See the video on the Philadelphia Police YouTube Channel
The man pushed the safe out of the drive-through window. Surveillance video shows him grabbing the safe and dragging it away.
"He is fit enough to grab the safe, pull it, carry it and toss it out the window," said Capt. Winton Singletary of the Philadelphia Police Dept. The suspect is described as a man standing 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing a black mask, a black t-shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.
Sometimes a person's movement can be recognized, but the store manager Harre Rao says the man does not seem familiar.
Police hope the man might give himself away by spending the money inside.
"If you know somebody who came into a large sum of money, it might be the guy," said Capt. Singletary.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 58 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 50 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
50 min ago