Police: Man stabs woman, himself in N. Phila.
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double stabbing in North Philadelphia on Monday morning.
The stabbing occurred shortly after 11:00 a.m. inside a home along the 2200 block of North 16th Street.
Police say a 41-year-old man stabbed a 32-year-old woman multiple times in the arm and neck.
The male then stabbed himself once in the chest.
Medics transported the female to the hospital in stable condition.
The male was transported to Temple University Hospital and remains in critical condition.
A weapon was recovered at the scene.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer 12 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co. 19 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault 21 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
12 min ago