Police: Body of missing Drexel student found in Schuylkill
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in the Schuylkill River Monday afternoon has been identified as missing Drexel University student, 18-year-old Stevens Glemaud.
Police do not believe that there was any foul play.
The medical examiner is investigating the exact cause of death.
Just before 5:00 p.m. police marine units were called to the river by the Spring Garden Street Bridge in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia for the report of a body found.
Once there, authorities were able to locate the body.
It was a short time later that they identified the body as that of the missing Drexel student.
Family members tell Action News Stevens was just wrapping up his freshman year, went to a party this past Friday night, and then Saturday morning was seen by school security and fellow students leaving his dorm and walking down Race Street.
That was the last time anyone heard from Stevens Glemaud.
"We all miss him," Stevens' sister Marie told Action News as she searched for her missing brother.
Stevens' family describes him as a kind, young man without an enemy in the world.
Earlier today, the Glemaud Family was on Drexel's campus walking around, looking for anyone or anything that could help them.
"We just don't know where to go to, what to do," Stevens' brother Hanri said.
Drexel University released the following statement Monday evening.
"The Drexel University community is deeply saddened by the loss of Stevens Glemaud, a freshman in the University's College of Engineering. Glemaud's body was pulled from the Schuylkill River today. He was last seen leaving his Drexel dorm early Saturday morning. The cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner's Office.
University officials have been in contact with Glemaud's family and conveyed their sincere condolences on behalf of the Drexel community. In a close-knit community like Drexel, the death of a fellow student is deeply felt. Drexel's Counseling Center is offering its services to members of the community who have been affected by this tragic event."
philadelphia, new jersey, drexel, missing person, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 6 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport