Crews douse refinery fire in Port Richmond section of Philadelphia
PORT RICHMOND - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews battled a fire at a refinery in Port Richmond early Monday.
It broke out at 6:30 a.m.at the Neatsfoot Oil Refineries Corporation in the 2900 block of East Ontario Street.
Fire officials say a gas boiler caught fire on the second floor, sending flames shooting up through a chimney.
The flames were visible to firefighters arriving on the scene.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the boiler room. It was declared under control in less than half an hour.
No one was injured.
Investigators are still working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, port richmond, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 53 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 29 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad