Crews douse refinery fire in Port Richmond section of Philadelphia
PORT RICHMOND - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews battled a fire at a refinery in Port Richmond early Monday.
It broke out at 6:30 a.m.at the Neatsfoot Oil Refineries Corporation in the 2900 block of East Ontario Street.
Fire officials say a gas boiler caught fire on the second floor, sending flames shooting up through a chimney.
The flames were visible to firefighters arriving on the scene.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the boiler room. It was declared under control in less than half an hour.
No one was injured.
Investigators are still working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, port richmond, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 56 min ago
- Record Warmth! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 42 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
17 min ago