Crews douse refinery fire in Port Richmond section of Philadelphia
PORT RICHMOND - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews battled a fire at a refinery in Port Richmond early Monday.
It broke out at 6:30 a.m.at the Neatsfoot Oil Refineries Corporation in the 2900 block of East Ontario Street.
Fire officials say a gas boiler caught fire on the second floor, sending flames shooting up through a chimney.
The flames were visible to firefighters arriving on the scene.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the boiler room. It was declared under control in less than half an hour.
No one was injured.
Investigators are still working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, port richmond, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos