Crews douse refinery fire in Port Richmond section of Philadelphia
PORT RICHMOND - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews battled a fire at a refinery in Port Richmond early Monday.
It broke out at 6:30 a.m.at the Neatsfoot Oil Refineries Corporation in the 2900 block of East Ontario Street.
Fire officials say a gas boiler caught fire on the second floor, sending flames shooting up through a chimney.
The flames were visible to firefighters arriving on the scene.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the boiler room. It was declared under control in less than half an hour.
No one was injured.
Investigators are still working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, port richmond, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 43 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 47 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office...
43 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos