Fmr. police commissioner Tucker dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police department is mourning the death of a man who helped re-shape the department more than 20 years ago.
Former police commissioner Kevin Tucker died Tuesday morning in Marlton, New Jersey after a long illness.
Tucker took over the police department in 1986 following the "Move " bombing that left eleven people dead.
Tucker is credited with fixing many of the problems that plagued the department.
He resigned in 1988.
Kevin Tucker was 71 years old.
philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 25 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
14 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
38 min ago