Fmr. police commissioner Tucker dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police department is mourning the death of a man who helped re-shape the department more than 20 years ago.
Former police commissioner Kevin Tucker died Tuesday morning in Marlton, New Jersey after a long illness.
Tucker took over the police department in 1986 following the "Move " bombing that left eleven people dead.
Tucker is credited with fixing many of the problems that plagued the department.
He resigned in 1988.
Kevin Tucker was 71 years old.
philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose