Fmr. police commissioner Tucker dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police department is mourning the death of a man who helped re-shape the department more than 20 years ago.
Former police commissioner Kevin Tucker died Tuesday morning in Marlton, New Jersey after a long illness.
Tucker took over the police department in 1986 following the "Move " bombing that left eleven people dead.
Tucker is credited with fixing many of the problems that plagued the department.
He resigned in 1988.
Kevin Tucker was 71 years old.
philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth! 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Record Warmth!
54 min ago