Fmr. police commissioner Tucker dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police department is mourning the death of a man who helped re-shape the department more than 20 years ago.
Former police commissioner Kevin Tucker died Tuesday morning in Marlton, New Jersey after a long illness.
Tucker took over the police department in 1986 following the "Move " bombing that left eleven people dead.
Tucker is credited with fixing many of the problems that plagued the department.
He resigned in 1988.
Kevin Tucker was 71 years old.
philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ