Fmr. police commissioner Tucker dies
PHILADELPHIA - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police department is mourning the death of a man who helped re-shape the department more than 20 years ago.
Former police commissioner Kevin Tucker died Tuesday morning in Marlton, New Jersey after a long illness.
Tucker took over the police department in 1986 following the "Move " bombing that left eleven people dead.
Tucker is credited with fixing many of the problems that plagued the department.
He resigned in 1988.
Kevin Tucker was 71 years old.
philadelphia, philadelphia police, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's