Teen about to graduate, passenger killed in NJ crash
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (AP) - June 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say two men were killed when their sport utility vehicle crashed into a tree in northern New Jersey, one day before the driver was due to graduate from high school.
Eighteen-year-old Nicholas Novaky and his 19-year-old passenger, Neil Solanki, both of Mount Olive, were pronounced dead at the scene of Tuesday night's crash in the Morris County community.
Prosecutors say the crash occurred on Wolfe Road around 8:50 p.m., when the southbound SUV entered the northbound lane and then left the roadway and hit the tree.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, and no other injuries were reported. The cause of the accident remains under investigation
Novaky was due to graduate from Mount Olive High School on Wednesday.
new jersey, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police