Police: Hatboro-Horsham coach provided alcohol to student
HATBORO, Pa. - June 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cross country coach in Montgomery County has been charged with providing alcohol to a student.
Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School coach Ryan Lichtner has been charged with one count of corrupting a minor and one count of providing alcohol to a minor.
Officials say none of the incidents occurred during school hours or within school property.
Lichtner was charged by the Horsham Township Police Department on Wednesday.
The police were notified of these incidents after a female student alerted her guidance counselor.
Lichtner served as the girls cross country coach during the fall season for the past two years.
He also worked during the district's Red and Black activities and as a timer at various track meets.
The girls cross country season was not in session during the time of the incident and Lichtner was not functioning in a coaching capacity for the school district.
"I was troubled by the actions of this adult and disheartened by this incident because the district continuously strives to provide its students with a safe educational atmosphere," Superintendent of Schools Dr. Curtis Griffin said in statement. "This situation was resolved quickly because the student involved confided in her guidance counselor, which allowed the district to take appropriate action."
pennsylvania, montgomery county, alcohol, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer 18 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co. 5 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault 8 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery 7 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
18 min ago
- Real estate scam sidelines beach goers in...
20 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
15 min ago