Police: Hatboro-Horsham coach provided alcohol to student
HATBORO, Pa. - June 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cross country coach in Montgomery County has been charged with providing alcohol to a student.
Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School coach Ryan Lichtner has been charged with one count of corrupting a minor and one count of providing alcohol to a minor.
Officials say none of the incidents occurred during school hours or within school property.
Lichtner was charged by the Horsham Township Police Department on Wednesday.
The police were notified of these incidents after a female student alerted her guidance counselor.
Lichtner served as the girls cross country coach during the fall season for the past two years.
He also worked during the district's Red and Black activities and as a timer at various track meets.
The girls cross country season was not in session during the time of the incident and Lichtner was not functioning in a coaching capacity for the school district.
"I was troubled by the actions of this adult and disheartened by this incident because the district continuously strives to provide its students with a safe educational atmosphere," Superintendent of Schools Dr. Curtis Griffin said in statement. "This situation was resolved quickly because the student involved confided in her guidance counselor, which allowed the district to take appropriate action."
pennsylvania, montgomery county, alcohol, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 39 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 43 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 25 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 48 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 18 min ago