Fire at Wilmington Friends School ruled accidental
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fire at the Wilmington Friends School on Wednesday afternoon has been ruled to have been accidental.
It broke out at 4:30 p.m. in the roof of the Upper School Auditorium at 101 School Road in the Alapocas neighborhood of Wilmington.
It took crews about a half an hour to put the blaze under control.
No one was injured.
The fire marshal said construction crews were working on the building and sparks from their equipment ignited combustible materials on the roof.
The auditorium is currently being rebuilt after a 3-alarm fire heavily damaged the structure back on April 17th.
That fire, which left two firefighters injured and caused an estimated $1 million in damage, was later ruled a case of arson.
delaware, fire, children, school, arson, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 28 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 19 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar