Bodies of 2 NJ shore swimmers recovered
SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The body of the second of two swimmers who went missing along different areas of the Jersey shore has been recovered.
State Police Lt. Stephen Jones says positive identifications have not been made, but the body is believed to be that of 18-year-old Bestavros Faris of Bayonne.
The body was recovered by state police divers around 1 p.m. Thursday in the ocean off Seaside Park.
A body believed to be that of a 23-year-old man from Irvington was recovered about 200 yards offshore in Asbury Park Thursday morning.
Seaside Park's lifeguards began their season Thursday. The swimmer in Asbury Park went missing in the early evening Wednesday after lifeguards had gone home for the day.
The state police, The Coast Guard and others helped in the search.
water rescue, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 56 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 32 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 44 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
36 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
56 min ago