$10,000 reward in sex assault of girl, 9 in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police and the FOP are offering a $10,000 reward to catch the person who sexually assaulted a 9-year-old girl.
The attack happened in the back of the 4600 block of Rosehill Street in the Feltonville section on the morning of June 13th.
It was around 4:30 a.m. when, police say, the girl was dragged from her bedroom by a naked man who took her to a nearby alley and sexually assaulted her.
Police say the parents heard screaming, but the child had a history of sleepwalking and nightmares so they were accustomed to it.
According to authorities, the suspect told the victim to go home after the attack.
The assailant is described as an adult black male, 6 feet tall with a thin build and clean shaven. He was wearing a green mask that partially covered his face up to his eyes, grey sweatpants, black t-shirt and black Nike low top sneakers.
Officers say they've made progress in the case but need help tracking down the suspect.
If you have any information, you're asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, abduction, child sex assault, home invasion, feltonville, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 23 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 44 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 52 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 55 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
48 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
45 min ago