$10,000 reward in sex assault of girl, 9 in Feltonville
FELTONVILLE - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police and the FOP are offering a $10,000 reward to catch the person who sexually assaulted a 9-year-old girl.
The attack happened in the back of the 4600 block of Rosehill Street in the Feltonville section on the morning of June 13th.
It was around 4:30 a.m. when, police say, the girl was dragged from her bedroom by a naked man who took her to a nearby alley and sexually assaulted her.
Police say the parents heard screaming, but the child had a history of sleepwalking and nightmares so they were accustomed to it.
According to authorities, the suspect told the victim to go home after the attack.
The assailant is described as an adult black male, 6 feet tall with a thin build and clean shaven. He was wearing a green mask that partially covered his face up to his eyes, grey sweatpants, black t-shirt and black Nike low top sneakers.
Officers say they've made progress in the case but need help tracking down the suspect.
If you have any information, you're asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, abduction, child sex assault, home invasion, feltonville, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 5 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra