Rt. 422 reopens after road buckles
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Heat caused a portion of a major roadway to buckle in Montgomery County.
Two lanes of eastbound Route 422 near Pawlings Road in Lower Providence Township were closed for hours due to the road buckling.
Crews were called to the scene around 3:30 p.m.
Traffic was backed up in the area until close to 9:30 p.m..when crews were finished repairing the road.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, heat wave, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 15 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 53 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 30 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 16 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
33 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
30 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
31 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
32 min ago