Rt. 422 reopens after road buckles
LOWER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Heat caused a portion of a major roadway to buckle in Montgomery County.
Two lanes of eastbound Route 422 near Pawlings Road in Lower Providence Township were closed for hours due to the road buckling.
Crews were called to the scene around 3:30 p.m.
Traffic was backed up in the area until close to 9:30 p.m..when crews were finished repairing the road.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, heat wave, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 21 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
34 min ago