NJ school closes after thieves destroy air conditioners
LAUREL SPRINGS, N.J. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A child care facility in Camden County was forced to close Thursday after thieves destroyed their air conditioning units.
The owner of the Goddard School on Chews Landing Road in Laurel Springs, N.J. says the burglars yanked the parts out of five machines and rendered them useless.
"We had children here, we had parents here, and we had to turn everybody away," said the school's owner, Kelly Vicario. "And this is the first week of our summer camp so a lot of kids are really disappointed."
Vicario told Action News the center was looking into renting window units so they can reopen tomorrow.
new jersey, robbery, vandalism, school, camden county, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 11 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 17 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 15 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos