NJ school closes after thieves destroy air conditioners
LAUREL SPRINGS, N.J. - June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A child care facility in Camden County was forced to close Thursday after thieves destroyed their air conditioning units.
The owner of the Goddard School on Chews Landing Road in Laurel Springs, N.J. says the burglars yanked the parts out of five machines and rendered them useless.
"We had children here, we had parents here, and we had to turn everybody away," said the school's owner, Kelly Vicario. "And this is the first week of our summer camp so a lot of kids are really disappointed."
Vicario told Action News the center was looking into renting window units so they can reopen tomorrow.
new jersey, robbery, vandalism, school, camden county, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man