Family: Body of missing Pa. man found in Iowa
DENISON, Iowa -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in Iowa is likely that of a Berks County man who has been missing for the past two months, his family said Thursday.
Jonathan Elwell, the brother of Northampton County District Judge Gay Elwell, was last reported being seen in his hometown of Shillington on Apr. 17. An investigation revealed Elwell, 44, was in Carroll, Iowa, on Apr. 18. His rental car was found abandoned two days later in Crawford Co. Iowa, police said.
On Tuesday afternoon, police said they were called to an area along some railroad tracks in Crawford County, not far from where Elwell's abandoned rental car was found.
While dental records must still confirm the identity, Gay Elwell told WFMZ-TV that the family has been advised the body is likely her brother's.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, missing person, iowa, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Video: Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain