Family: Body of missing Pa. man found in Iowa
DENISON, Iowa -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in Iowa is likely that of a Berks County man who has been missing for the past two months, his family said Thursday.
Jonathan Elwell, the brother of Northampton County District Judge Gay Elwell, was last reported being seen in his hometown of Shillington on Apr. 17. An investigation revealed Elwell, 44, was in Carroll, Iowa, on Apr. 18. His rental car was found abandoned two days later in Crawford Co. Iowa, police said.
On Tuesday afternoon, police said they were called to an area along some railroad tracks in Crawford County, not far from where Elwell's abandoned rental car was found.
While dental records must still confirm the identity, Gay Elwell told WFMZ-TV that the family has been advised the body is likely her brother's.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, missing person, iowa, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 36 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
36 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos