Family: Body of missing Pa. man found in Iowa
DENISON, Iowa -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in Iowa is likely that of a Berks County man who has been missing for the past two months, his family said Thursday.
Jonathan Elwell, the brother of Northampton County District Judge Gay Elwell, was last reported being seen in his hometown of Shillington on Apr. 17. An investigation revealed Elwell, 44, was in Carroll, Iowa, on Apr. 18. His rental car was found abandoned two days later in Crawford Co. Iowa, police said.
On Tuesday afternoon, police said they were called to an area along some railroad tracks in Crawford County, not far from where Elwell's abandoned rental car was found.
While dental records must still confirm the identity, Gay Elwell told WFMZ-TV that the family has been advised the body is likely her brother's.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, missing person, iowa, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 19 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 14 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland 31 min ago
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
19 min ago