Family: Body of missing Pa. man found in Iowa
DENISON, Iowa -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in Iowa is likely that of a Berks County man who has been missing for the past two months, his family said Thursday.
Jonathan Elwell, the brother of Northampton County District Judge Gay Elwell, was last reported being seen in his hometown of Shillington on Apr. 17. An investigation revealed Elwell, 44, was in Carroll, Iowa, on Apr. 18. His rental car was found abandoned two days later in Crawford Co. Iowa, police said.
On Tuesday afternoon, police said they were called to an area along some railroad tracks in Crawford County, not far from where Elwell's abandoned rental car was found.
While dental records must still confirm the identity, Gay Elwell told WFMZ-TV that the family has been advised the body is likely her brother's.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, missing person, iowa, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 50 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ