Family: Body of missing Pa. man found in Iowa
DENISON, Iowa -June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A body found in Iowa is likely that of a Berks County man who has been missing for the past two months, his family said Thursday.
Jonathan Elwell, the brother of Northampton County District Judge Gay Elwell, was last reported being seen in his hometown of Shillington on Apr. 17. An investigation revealed Elwell, 44, was in Carroll, Iowa, on Apr. 18. His rental car was found abandoned two days later in Crawford Co. Iowa, police said.
On Tuesday afternoon, police said they were called to an area along some railroad tracks in Crawford County, not far from where Elwell's abandoned rental car was found.
While dental records must still confirm the identity, Gay Elwell told WFMZ-TV that the family has been advised the body is likely her brother's.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania, berks county, missing person, iowa, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 6 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas 25 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 24 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra