Person of interest sought in Delaware arson
BEAR, Del. - June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is looking for a person of interest in connection with a fire earlier this week in Bear.
The fire was reported shortly before 2:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Brookmont Drive in the Sparrow Run Development.
Heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the building.
Investigators were called to the scene and determined the fire was an act of arson. The investigation also revealed several incidents of what authorities call "criminal mischief" to vehicles and other buildings in the area.
The fire caused about $80,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured and no one was displaced.
As the investigation continues, the fire marshal has released a surveillance photo of a person of interest in thie case.
Anyone with information is asked to call The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office at 302-323-5375, New Castle County Police at 302-573-2800 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333
delaware, new castle county, fire, arson, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 42 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 5 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 34 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
5 min ago