Person of interest sought in Delaware arson
BEAR, Del. - June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is looking for a person of interest in connection with a fire earlier this week in Bear.
The fire was reported shortly before 2:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Brookmont Drive in the Sparrow Run Development.
Heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the building.
Investigators were called to the scene and determined the fire was an act of arson. The investigation also revealed several incidents of what authorities call "criminal mischief" to vehicles and other buildings in the area.
The fire caused about $80,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured and no one was displaced.
As the investigation continues, the fire marshal has released a surveillance photo of a person of interest in thie case.
Anyone with information is asked to call The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office at 302-323-5375, New Castle County Police at 302-573-2800 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333
delaware, new castle county, fire, arson, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 25 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 44 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
26 min ago