Person of interest sought in Delaware arson
BEAR, Del. - June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is looking for a person of interest in connection with a fire earlier this week in Bear.
The fire was reported shortly before 2:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Brookmont Drive in the Sparrow Run Development.
Heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the building.
Investigators were called to the scene and determined the fire was an act of arson. The investigation also revealed several incidents of what authorities call "criminal mischief" to vehicles and other buildings in the area.
The fire caused about $80,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured and no one was displaced.
As the investigation continues, the fire marshal has released a surveillance photo of a person of interest in thie case.
Anyone with information is asked to call The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office at 302-323-5375, New Castle County Police at 302-573-2800 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333
delaware, new castle county, fire, arson, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore