Person of interest sought in Delaware arson
BEAR, Del. - June 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is looking for a person of interest in connection with a fire earlier this week in Bear.
The fire was reported shortly before 2:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Brookmont Drive in the Sparrow Run Development.
Heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the building.
Investigators were called to the scene and determined the fire was an act of arson. The investigation also revealed several incidents of what authorities call "criminal mischief" to vehicles and other buildings in the area.
The fire caused about $80,000 in damage to the building. No one was injured and no one was displaced.
As the investigation continues, the fire marshal has released a surveillance photo of a person of interest in thie case.
Anyone with information is asked to call The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office at 302-323-5375, New Castle County Police at 302-573-2800 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333
delaware, new castle county, fire, arson, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 24 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 58 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos