Several 'suspicious' car fires in Juniata
JUNIATA - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called Saturday morning to battle several 'suspicious' car fires in the Juniata section of Philadelphia.
Engine 7 was first called around 4:30 a.m. near H and Kensington streets. A short time later, the same fire company received reports of flames on Estaugh Street.
Less than an hour later around 5:45 a.m. a call came in about a vehicle fire on the 4200 block of Markland Street.
As crews continued to investigate the previous scenes, another fire broke out along East Bristol Street and Castor Avenue.
A total of 6 cars were torched in four different locations.
The fires are being considered to be possible arsons but authorities have not released any further information.
philadelphia, juniata, fire, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 14 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 4 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more