Several 'suspicious' car fires in Juniata
JUNIATA - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called Saturday morning to battle several 'suspicious' car fires in the Juniata section of Philadelphia.
Engine 7 was first called around 4:30 a.m. near H and Kensington streets. A short time later, the same fire company received reports of flames on Estaugh Street.
Less than an hour later around 5:45 a.m. a call came in about a vehicle fire on the 4200 block of Markland Street.
As crews continued to investigate the previous scenes, another fire broke out along East Bristol Street and Castor Avenue.
A total of 6 cars were torched in four different locations.
The fires are being considered to be possible arsons but authorities have not released any further information.
philadelphia, juniata, fire, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 48 min ago
- Temps Soar 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 8 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
7 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
8 min ago