Several 'suspicious' car fires in Juniata
JUNIATA - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called Saturday morning to battle several 'suspicious' car fires in the Juniata section of Philadelphia.
Engine 7 was first called around 4:30 a.m. near H and Kensington streets. A short time later, the same fire company received reports of flames on Estaugh Street.
Less than an hour later around 5:45 a.m. a call came in about a vehicle fire on the 4200 block of Markland Street.
As crews continued to investigate the previous scenes, another fire broke out along East Bristol Street and Castor Avenue.
A total of 6 cars were torched in four different locations.
The fires are being considered to be possible arsons but authorities have not released any further information.
philadelphia, juniata, fire, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 25 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
25 min ago