Police: Teen shot while sleeping in car in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Port Richmond that left a teenage boy in stable condition.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning on the 2000 block of East Clementine Street.
The 17-year-old told police that he was sleeping in the front driver's side of the car when he awoke to an unknown person pointing a gun in his face.
According to his account, the teen tried to pull the gun away but he heard one shot and felt pain to his left arm.
The victim says he passed out shortly afterward and when he awoke to find no one around, he went to a nearby resident to call 911.
The victim reported that he didn't realize he was shot twice in the leg until he was waiting for police.
Medics rushed the teen to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
So far no word what sparked the shooting and no arrests have been made.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 16-20 years of age, 5'10"-6'0" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
philadelphia, port richmond, shooting, teens, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 13 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 55 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases