Police: Teen shot while sleeping in car in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Port Richmond that left a teenage boy in stable condition.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning on the 2000 block of East Clementine Street.
The 17-year-old told police that he was sleeping in the front driver's side of the car when he awoke to an unknown person pointing a gun in his face.
According to his account, the teen tried to pull the gun away but he heard one shot and felt pain to his left arm.
The victim says he passed out shortly afterward and when he awoke to find no one around, he went to a nearby resident to call 911.
The victim reported that he didn't realize he was shot twice in the leg until he was waiting for police.
Medics rushed the teen to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
So far no word what sparked the shooting and no arrests have been made.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 16-20 years of age, 5'10"-6'0" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
philadelphia, port richmond, shooting, teens, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 30 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 48 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 7 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 31 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos