Police: Teen shot while sleeping in car in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Port Richmond that left a teenage boy in stable condition.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning on the 2000 block of East Clementine Street.
The 17-year-old told police that he was sleeping in the front driver's side of the car when he awoke to an unknown person pointing a gun in his face.
According to his account, the teen tried to pull the gun away but he heard one shot and felt pain to his left arm.
The victim says he passed out shortly afterward and when he awoke to find no one around, he went to a nearby resident to call 911.
The victim reported that he didn't realize he was shot twice in the leg until he was waiting for police.
Medics rushed the teen to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
So far no word what sparked the shooting and no arrests have been made.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 16-20 years of age, 5'10"-6'0" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
philadelphia, port richmond, shooting, teens, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half