Police: Teen shot while sleeping in car in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - June 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a shooting in Port Richmond that left a teenage boy in stable condition.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday morning on the 2000 block of East Clementine Street.
The 17-year-old told police that he was sleeping in the front driver's side of the car when he awoke to an unknown person pointing a gun in his face.
According to his account, the teen tried to pull the gun away but he heard one shot and felt pain to his left arm.
The victim says he passed out shortly afterward and when he awoke to find no one around, he went to a nearby resident to call 911.
The victim reported that he didn't realize he was shot twice in the leg until he was waiting for police.
Medics rushed the teen to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
So far no word what sparked the shooting and no arrests have been made.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 16-20 years of age, 5'10"-6'0" with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans.
philadelphia, port richmond, shooting, teens, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 26 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 26 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
4 min ago