1 dead, 3 hurt in East Falls block party shooting
EAST FALLS - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating shooting at a block party in East Falls that left one man dead and three others seriously wounded.
It happened on the 3200 block of North Spangler Street around 1:15 Sunday morning.
Police received a number of 911 calls reporting a shootout between several men.
Arriving officers found a chaotic scene of people running. Officers also discovered a 33-year-old man shot once in the head, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 28-year-old male was shot in the ankle and is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
A 19-year-old male was shot multiple times and is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The fourth victim - a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still not sure what sparked the shooting or how many people were firing guns.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)