1 dead, 3 hurt in East Falls block party shooting
EAST FALLS - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating shooting at a block party in East Falls that left one man dead and three others seriously wounded.
It happened on the 3200 block of North Spangler Street around 1:15 Sunday morning.
Police received a number of 911 calls reporting a shootout between several men.
Arriving officers found a chaotic scene of people running. Officers also discovered a 33-year-old man shot once in the head, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 28-year-old male was shot in the ankle and is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
A 19-year-old male was shot multiple times and is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The fourth victim - a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still not sure what sparked the shooting or how many people were firing guns.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ