1 dead, 3 hurt in East Falls block party shooting
EAST FALLS - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating shooting at a block party in East Falls that left one man dead and three others seriously wounded.
It happened on the 3200 block of North Spangler Street around 1:15 Sunday morning.
Police received a number of 911 calls reporting a shootout between several men.
Arriving officers found a chaotic scene of people running. Officers also discovered a 33-year-old man shot once in the head, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 28-year-old male was shot in the ankle and is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
A 19-year-old male was shot multiple times and is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The fourth victim - a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still not sure what sparked the shooting or how many people were firing guns.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 59 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 49 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 51 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos