1 dead, 3 hurt in East Falls block party shooting
EAST FALLS - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating shooting at a block party in East Falls that left one man dead and three others seriously wounded.
It happened on the 3200 block of North Spangler Street around 1:15 Sunday morning.
Police received a number of 911 calls reporting a shootout between several men.
Arriving officers found a chaotic scene of people running. Officers also discovered a 33-year-old man shot once in the head, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 28-year-old male was shot in the ankle and is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
A 19-year-old male was shot multiple times and is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The fourth victim - a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still not sure what sparked the shooting or how many people were firing guns.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 9 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 5 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 5 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
9 min ago