1 dead, 3 hurt in East Falls block party shooting
EAST FALLS - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating shooting at a block party in East Falls that left one man dead and three others seriously wounded.
It happened on the 3200 block of North Spangler Street around 1:15 Sunday morning.
Police received a number of 911 calls reporting a shootout between several men.
Arriving officers found a chaotic scene of people running. Officers also discovered a 33-year-old man shot once in the head, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
A 28-year-old male was shot in the ankle and is in stable condition at Temple University Hospital.
A 19-year-old male was shot multiple times and is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The fourth victim - a 35-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
Police are still not sure what sparked the shooting or how many people were firing guns.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos