Man shot, killed in West Phila. gunfire exchange
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was critically wounded and later died after a shooting in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:30 Sunday morning on the 4000 block of Market Street.
Police tell Action News that two men were exchanging gunfire when one of the men was hit.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died. His identity has not yet been released.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
38 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
20 min ago