Man shot, killed in West Phila. gunfire exchange
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was critically wounded and later died after a shooting in West Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:30 Sunday morning on the 4000 block of Market Street.
Police tell Action News that two men were exchanging gunfire when one of the men was hit.
The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died. His identity has not yet been released.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 54 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 6 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 48 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases