Man critical after shooting in N. Phila. bar
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting inside a North Philadelphia bar that has left one man in critical condition.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday morning at Tony's Place on the 2700 block of North 8th Street.
Authorities believe the man was a victim of a robbery inside the bar and was shot.
Police tell Action News the victim was transferred to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
A person was stopped at the intersection of 23rd and Diamond Streets and taken in for questioning.
So far no word on any arrests or charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 18 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 2 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 11 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 19 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
18 min ago