Man critical after shooting in N. Phila. bar
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting inside a North Philadelphia bar that has left one man in critical condition.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday morning at Tony's Place on the 2700 block of North 8th Street.
Authorities believe the man was a victim of a robbery inside the bar and was shot.
Police tell Action News the victim was transferred to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
A person was stopped at the intersection of 23rd and Diamond Streets and taken in for questioning.
So far no word on any arrests or charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 14 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 3 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 16 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 8 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 55 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
16 min ago