Man critical after shooting in N. Phila. bar
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting inside a North Philadelphia bar that has left one man in critical condition.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday morning at Tony's Place on the 2700 block of North 8th Street.
Authorities believe the man was a victim of a robbery inside the bar and was shot.
Police tell Action News the victim was transferred to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
A person was stopped at the intersection of 23rd and Diamond Streets and taken in for questioning.
So far no word on any arrests or charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 40 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014