Man critical after shooting in N. Phila. bar
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting inside a North Philadelphia bar that has left one man in critical condition.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday morning at Tony's Place on the 2700 block of North 8th Street.
Authorities believe the man was a victim of a robbery inside the bar and was shot.
Police tell Action News the victim was transferred to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
A person was stopped at the intersection of 23rd and Diamond Streets and taken in for questioning.
So far no word on any arrests or charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 58 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 42 min ago