Man killed in NJ charity motorcycle ride
FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after a crash during a charity motorcycle ride to raise money for babies in Monmouth County.
The March of Dimes "Bikers for Babies" ride began in Freehold on Sunday.
The crash occurred in Freehold Township.
Deputy first assistant Monmouth County prosecutor Richard Incremona tells the Asbury Park Press the crash involved multiple motorcycles and at least one car.
Authorities did not immediately release the number of people hospitalized and the extent of their injuries.
The name of the dead rider has not been released.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, accident, motorcycles, charity, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 15 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
15 min ago