Disabled vehicles vandalized on Del. highways
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating several incidents in which disabled vehicles left on two interstates were found damaged.
Investigators say a total of ten vehicles have been vandalized along I-95 and I-495 in the Wilmington area, with damage ranging from broken out windows to bullet holes in the body of the vehicles.
Evidence collected at several of the scenes suggests both a handgun and a shotgun had been used to inflict the damage.
State Police are asking anyone with information to contact detectives by dialing 302-834-2630. Citizens may also provide a tip by texting keyword "DSP" plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES) or dial Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333.
delaware, wilmington, vandalism, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ