Kittens rescued from Dumpster in Bucks County
QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- An animal rescue group in Bucks County wants to find homes for three kittens found abandoned in a Dumpster.
Someone found the kittens Friday morning at the California Road Business Center in Richland Township.
Representatives from center contacted the Last Chance Ranch Animal Rescue in Quakertown, which says it does not normally taken in stray kittens.
But in a statement on Monday, Last Chance Ranch representative Chris Baringer said, "With the heat these past few days, a dumpster can quickly become an oven, killing the kittens in minutes, not to mention the trash that could have crushed them. These kittens were in such a desperate state we could not turn our backs."
The facility says the kittens will be put up for adoption once they are given a medical exam and neutered.
For more information, call Last Chance Ranch at 215-538-2510 or visit lastchanceranch.org.
pennsylvania, adoption, animal rescue, animals, bucks county, quakertown, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 31 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 1 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape