Reward increased after dog set on fire dies
GERMANTOWN - June 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A reward for information in the case of dog that died after being found badly burned has been increased.
The Pennsylvania SPCA says the reward now stands at $1,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the person of people responsible.
The female dog, Chloe, was found in the 700 block of Gray Street in the Germantown section on Sunday.
Chloe was being treated for her injuries but died on Monday night about an hour after being transferred to a specialty hospital.
Officials say the dog appeared to have been doused with an accelerant and set afire.
She had extreme burns on her entire body.
"This is an extreme case of animal abuse," Lisa Germanis, V.M.D, head veterinarian at the Pennsylvania SPCA's Shelter Hospital said in a statement.
The Pennsylvania SPCA's Humane Law Enforcement Department is investigating.
Officers have located the owner of the dog and determined that Chloe had been living near the location where she was picked up.
Based on the current investigation, officers believe that there were multiple witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Pennsylvania SPCA's anti-cruelty hotline at 1-866-601-SPCA.
philadelphia, animal abuse, germantown, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 11 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 23 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 1 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 19 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 21 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
19 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos