Winds collapse deck at Dewey Beach restaurant
DEWEY BEACH, Del. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- This morning's storms will never be forgotten at a restaurant in Delaware.
The storm moved through the Dewey Beach area around 9:00 a.m.
Winds whipping at up to 65 miles an hour toppled an awning and damaged the deck at The Lighthouse along the 100 block of Dickinson Street in Dewey Beach.
The National Weather Service is looking into a report that a water spout may have formed near the restaurant.
The workers came together to clean up the damage and reopen the restaurant.
Power was out to 7,000 Delaware Electric Cooperative customers. By 2:30 p.m., the number was down to 130 people.
delaware, collapse, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore