Workers return to ConocoPhillips refinery
TRAINER, Pa. - June 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Workers are back on the job today at the former ConocoPhillips refinery in Trainer, Delaware County.
Over the next few months, workers will be reconfiguring the refinery to make jet fuel.
Delta Airlines bought the plant for $180-million.
The refinery will be operated by Delta subsidiary Monroe Energy.
Monroe hired all 177 former ConocoPhillips employees who applied.
35 positions are still available.
Those could go to some people who lost jobs when Sunoco shuttered its Marcus Hook refinery.
pennsylvania, delta airlines, delaware county, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 34 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 6 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 2 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos