NJ man charged with 5 DUIs out on bail
VINELAND, N.J. - June 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man who was charged with drunken driving five times during a five-week period has been freed after spending more than a month in jail.
Authorities say 45-year-old Anderson Sotomayor posted $20,000 bail on Monday.
Sotomayor was released after his first four DWI arrests - which occurred between April 9 and May 12 - because state law doesn't permit bail on motor vehicle violations. But he was jailed after his May 16 arrests because he allegedly had Oxycodone without a prescription.
Sotomayor also was issued five summonses - not including drunken driving - on April 2. On that day, he allegedly swerved around a school bus as it unloaded kids, ran into a stop sign, smashed into a car and fled the scene of the accident.
new jersey, cumberland county, DUI, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 3 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 27 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 5 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
1 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
3 min ago