Standoff comes to violent end in North Philadelphia (PHOTOS)
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A standoff involving police came to a violent end in North Philadelphia on Tuesday afternoon.
The incident began as domestic dispute call at a home in the area of 9th and York streets.
When police arrived, a man barricaded himself inside and kept police at bay for much of the day.
Finally, the man stood in the doorway and could be seen yelling and pointing erratically.
As the man was standing there, police fired bean bags and knocked the man back into the house.
However, he managed to close the door before police could climb the stairs. So, once there, police began to knock the door down.
As they made their way through the door, the man shoved his way through, knocking some of the officers to the ground.
Police eventually subdued the man and took him into custody. His name has not been released.
One police officer sustained injuries to the neck and back in this incident.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, standoff, local/state
- Amber Alert issued for missing Pottsville teen 3 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Dozens rescued from flooded San Antonio area 30 min ago
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos