Police ID victim, suspect in Cinnaminson Wawa stabbing
CINNAMINSON, N.J. - June 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- One woman is hospitalized and another is in custody after an argument led to bloodshed outside a Wawa in Burlington County, New Jersey Wednesday morning.
It was 7:22 a.m. when police were called out to the Wawa store located on the 2100 block of Church Road in Cinnaminson for the report of a fight inside the store.
Upon arrival officers found a woman lying between two cars bleeding profusely after having suffered several stab wounds. The victim, identified as 25-year-old Ashley Anderson, was able to point police in the direction of the suspect, who was walking away from the scene.
The suspect, identified as Kartelina Holt, 32, of the Millstone Court in Sicklerville, was quickly apprehended. According to Cinnaminson Detective Sergeant Bill Covert, Holt admitted her involvement and even pointed police to an area where she said she disposed of the weapon.
After reviewing store surveillance and talking to a witness, police learned that the fight started inside the store. A man intervened and separated the two women. However, while walking through the parking lot the fight escalated and one of the women pulled out what is thought to be a box cutter and stabbed the other woman in the head, face and neck area.
In all, the victim received about seven or eight stab wounds. She was transported to Cooper University Medical Center for treatment.
There is no word on what led to the argument.
Kartelina Holt, who as it turns out is an undocumented immigrant from Barbados, is now charged with aggravated assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and tampering with evidence. She is currently being held on $100,000 bail.
burlington county, new jersey, stabbing, wawa, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos