Police ID victim, suspect in Cinnaminson Wawa stabbing
CINNAMINSON, N.J. - June 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- One woman is hospitalized and another is in custody after an argument led to bloodshed outside a Wawa in Burlington County, New Jersey Wednesday morning.
It was 7:22 a.m. when police were called out to the Wawa store located on the 2100 block of Church Road in Cinnaminson for the report of a fight inside the store.
Upon arrival officers found a woman lying between two cars bleeding profusely after having suffered several stab wounds. The victim, identified as 25-year-old Ashley Anderson, was able to point police in the direction of the suspect, who was walking away from the scene.
The suspect, identified as Kartelina Holt, 32, of the Millstone Court in Sicklerville, was quickly apprehended. According to Cinnaminson Detective Sergeant Bill Covert, Holt admitted her involvement and even pointed police to an area where she said she disposed of the weapon.
After reviewing store surveillance and talking to a witness, police learned that the fight started inside the store. A man intervened and separated the two women. However, while walking through the parking lot the fight escalated and one of the women pulled out what is thought to be a box cutter and stabbed the other woman in the head, face and neck area.
In all, the victim received about seven or eight stab wounds. She was transported to Cooper University Medical Center for treatment.
There is no word on what led to the argument.
Kartelina Holt, who as it turns out is an undocumented immigrant from Barbados, is now charged with aggravated assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and tampering with evidence. She is currently being held on $100,000 bail.
burlington county, new jersey, stabbing, wawa, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 48 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 16 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine