Firefighter injured in Lorenzo's Pizza fire on South Street
QUEEN VILLAGE - June 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia firefighters are on the scene of a blaze inside a long-time popular South Street pizza shop.
Emergency crews were called at 10:26 a.m. Wednesday to 305 South Street where flames were making their way through Lorenzo and Sons Pizza Inc. on the first floor and an apartment on the second floor.
Officials say one firefighter was treated and released at Hahnemann Hospital after sustaining a knee injury.
The fire department is continuing to work to get the fire under control.
There is still no word on what may have sparked the blaze.
queen village, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police