Cell phone store bandit caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a man caught on camera robbing a cell phone store.
It happened Friday June 22nd at 10:54 a.m. at the MobilTrac T-Mobile cell phone store in the 2600 block of Germantown Avenue.
Police say a man walked behind the counter with his right hand inside his pocket as if he had a weapon and demanded money.
The clerk gave him $300 in cash and the man fled north on Germantown Avenue.
Police are looking for a Black male, 20-25 years-of-age, 5'7" with a full beard. He was wearing a blue "Polo" baseball cap, a blue T-shirt, black or blue shorts and white sneakers.
You can watch surveillance video of the robbery in the 'Video Villains' section of the Police Department's websiteVideo Villains' section of the Police Department's website.
If you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, philadelphia police, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 3 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 2 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest