Cell phone store bandit caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a man caught on camera robbing a cell phone store.
It happened Friday June 22nd at 10:54 a.m. at the MobilTrac T-Mobile cell phone store in the 2600 block of Germantown Avenue.
Police say a man walked behind the counter with his right hand inside his pocket as if he had a weapon and demanded money.
The clerk gave him $300 in cash and the man fled north on Germantown Avenue.
Police are looking for a Black male, 20-25 years-of-age, 5'7" with a full beard. He was wearing a blue "Polo" baseball cap, a blue T-shirt, black or blue shorts and white sneakers.
You can watch surveillance video of the robbery in the 'Video Villains' section of the Police Department's websiteVideo Villains' section of the Police Department's website.
If you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, philadelphia police, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Shower In Spots
53 min ago