Crash cleared after snaring morning traffic on I-95
TACONY - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A two vehicle crash is blocking the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 near the Cottman Exit in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
The accident happened around 6:15 a.m. Thursday when a pickup truck collided with a car, sending the car into the concrete median barrier near the Cottman Exit in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
Two children along with drivers of both vehicles were evaluated for injuries at the scene and luckily no one suffered any serious injuries.
Traffic was backed up for miles approaching the scene as crews worked to remove the vehicles involved from the highway. All lanes have since reopened.
There is no word on what touched off the collision. Police are investigating.
tacony, philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 34 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 17 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 44 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 18 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 46 min ago
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 29 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 47 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
34 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
18 min ago