Crash cleared after snaring morning traffic on I-95
TACONY - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A two vehicle crash is blocking the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 near the Cottman Exit in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
The accident happened around 6:15 a.m. Thursday when a pickup truck collided with a car, sending the car into the concrete median barrier near the Cottman Exit in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
Two children along with drivers of both vehicles were evaluated for injuries at the scene and luckily no one suffered any serious injuries.
Traffic was backed up for miles approaching the scene as crews worked to remove the vehicles involved from the highway. All lanes have since reopened.
There is no word on what touched off the collision. Police are investigating.
tacony, philadelphia, accident, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list