Firefly attendees may have trouble finding hotels
DOVER, Del. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The upcoming Firefly Music Festival in Dover is close to selling out, but most hotel rooms across Kent County already appear to be booked as music fans consider making the trip.
The festival runs July 20 to July 22 at the Woodlands Dover International Speedway. It's expected to draw top acts including The Killers, Jack White, the Black Keys, John Legend, Death Cab for Cutie and others.
The News Journal eports festival attendees may have a hard time finding a hotel or motel room in the area. Kent County tourism officials said Wednesday that only one hotel room remained in the entire county for the festival weekend.
It's expected to be the biggest music festival ever staged in Delaware. Some 48 acts will perform on four stages over three days.
hotels, music, delaware, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 20 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 5 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 56 min ago
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 44 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware 46 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 46 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
13 min ago
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
44 min ago
- Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
46 min ago