Firefly attendees may have trouble finding hotels
DOVER, Del. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The upcoming Firefly Music Festival in Dover is close to selling out, but most hotel rooms across Kent County already appear to be booked as music fans consider making the trip.
The festival runs July 20 to July 22 at the Woodlands Dover International Speedway. It's expected to draw top acts including The Killers, Jack White, the Black Keys, John Legend, Death Cab for Cutie and others.
The News Journal eports festival attendees may have a hard time finding a hotel or motel room in the area. Kent County tourism officials said Wednesday that only one hotel room remained in the entire county for the festival weekend.
It's expected to be the biggest music festival ever staged in Delaware. Some 48 acts will perform on four stages over three days.
hotels, music, delaware, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 33 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 36 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 1 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 34 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
33 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
36 min ago