Firefly attendees may have trouble finding hotels
DOVER, Del. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The upcoming Firefly Music Festival in Dover is close to selling out, but most hotel rooms across Kent County already appear to be booked as music fans consider making the trip.
The festival runs July 20 to July 22 at the Woodlands Dover International Speedway. It's expected to draw top acts including The Killers, Jack White, the Black Keys, John Legend, Death Cab for Cutie and others.
The News Journal eports festival attendees may have a hard time finding a hotel or motel room in the area. Kent County tourism officials said Wednesday that only one hotel room remained in the entire county for the festival weekend.
It's expected to be the biggest music festival ever staged in Delaware. Some 48 acts will perform on four stages over three days.
hotels, music, delaware, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 32 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 4 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 1 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos