Police: Teen tire slasher targeted illegal parking
BENSALEM, Pa. - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenager from Bucks County has been arrested for allegedly slashing nearly two dozen tires in Bensalem.
Jason Knapp, 18, of the 2200 block of David Drive in Bristol was arrested for the incidents that happened between Sunday and Wednesday.
According to police, Knapp told investigators he was delivering newspapers and was upset with people who illegally parked their vehicles.
Most of the vehicles were parked in fire zones and no parking zones, police said.
Knapp was arrested after police set up surveillance in the area and police allegedly saw him trying to slash a tire.
Police say Knapp confessed the crimes.
Knapp was arraigned on Thursday and was ordered to be held on 10% of $50,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, vandalism, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands