Police: Teen tire slasher targeted illegal parking
BENSALEM, Pa. - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenager from Bucks County has been arrested for allegedly slashing nearly two dozen tires in Bensalem.
Jason Knapp, 18, of the 2200 block of David Drive in Bristol was arrested for the incidents that happened between Sunday and Wednesday.
According to police, Knapp told investigators he was delivering newspapers and was upset with people who illegally parked their vehicles.
Most of the vehicles were parked in fire zones and no parking zones, police said.
Knapp was arrested after police set up surveillance in the area and police allegedly saw him trying to slash a tire.
Police say Knapp confessed the crimes.
Knapp was arraigned on Thursday and was ordered to be held on 10% of $50,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, vandalism, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies